Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Next Big Craze!

So recently, when my mother was looking for a new dog, I realized that this whole designer dog thing is WAY out of control!

Seriously... when I was younger, we just called mixed breeds mutts or Heinz 57.

Now, there's some crazy market to create the next "Puggle" and rake in the dough.

I was thinking of a few breeds that I think would do well with my friends..... They may already exist... but I've never heard of them.

I thnk mixing a Shitzu with a Poodle would be cool... creating a Shitz-a-poo. Or... how about a Shitzhuahua (shitz-WA-wa)? you know.. a mix of a Shitzu and a Chihuahua.

Someone my sister knows has a litter of Labrador/Rat Terrier mix puppies... or Lab Rats.


I mean, what is the deal with that? Why are we so fascinated with cross bred animals?

I've been thinking the next thing we need to do is cross breed plants in an effective yet beautiful way.

I would LOVE to have a Gardosa tree in my yard... (Gardenia/Mimosa) Or maybe a Magdenia (Magnolia/Gardenia)

Why aren't scientists working on this? I mean... now would be the time for them to rake in some "stimulus bux"

I guess, in the grand scheme of things... there should be limits... I mean... before you know it, scientists will be cross breeding everything! And I do NOT want to sit down at the table to have corn on the cob only to find out they added Nancy Grace's DNA to it... Creating the first corn that could scare away predators without the use of a scare crow.... but then again... it wouldn't shut up long enough for you to cook it.

Sometime, I must say... we should just leave it up to the higher powers... let them/him/her/ do the mixing.

No comments:

Post a Comment