Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Wow... what a good nap!

Yeah, ok... so I was out of the blogging loop for a while.

I unhooked my computer... and really got used to using my iPod/iPhone for pretty much everything... but I was NOT about to type out one of my crazy blogs on those things! The "Spell Complete" alone would have driven me crazy!

Sometimes... I'm typing an actual word that I KNOW exists... and it pops in with another suggestion!?!?!? I'm like "seriously? is this a SMART PHONE??? If it's so smart, how come it doesn't understand 'Ha Ha'???? I mean WHY would it think I was trying to say Hat Hat?"

And have you noticed how sometimes you'll type "Hell" and it automatically changes it to "He'll"? What the he'll is up with that?

Anyway... where to begin.

Previously on "inside the mind of Anthony"... I'm sure I was on some tirade about American Idol... the cost of gas and Wal-Mart... Yeah.. that's pretty much me in a nutshell.

I WILL tell you a quick little story that taught me a lesson about ALWAYS being nice to people... no matter how difficult...

OK... so a couple weeks ago, Glen and I went to K-Mart to check out their "going out of business sale". (Which, by the way, is a TOTAL joke! I mean... if THOSE prices are 40%-50% off... I think I know why they're going out of business)

Anyway... It was the day before our big garage sale... I and I was hoping to snag one of those clothes racks.

So we go into the store... and all the racks are lined along the back wall... none of them are priced.

I found the ONE lady who looked like she worked there... and by that I mean she was a skinny "leathery tanned" woman with smoker's hack and an apparent eating disorder.

So I asked her "are the clothes racks for sale?"

She said "Yes"

"How much are they" I asked.

She proceeded to walk over to the service desk to pick up a notebook and then told me "We don't know how much they are yet... anyone who wants one can leave their information and we'll call them"

EXCUSE ME? Isn't this store going out of business? Haven't all the ads said "Everything must go?" I mean... the way they're promoting this sale I half expected to be able to walk in and say "Yes, I want this 10 foot section of the floor... 4 of those ceiling tiles.... OOOOHH How much for the fish eye security mirror?"

But NO! They're running up the cost of the fixtures, based on how many people WANT them!

So I will admit... I totally got snotty with her and said something like "I have money right now, right here... if you all were SERIOUS about selling them then I'd load one up right now... but with THAT procedure.... y'all can just work around them until you lock the doors for the last time!"

I huffed off and found Glen and said "Let's Go!", Confident in the fact I had truly just told them off and I was in the right!

We left K-mart and went to Target... a Furniture Store... we pretty much ran all over creation.

then.... when we got home... I went into the bathroom to wash my hands.... I looked at myself in the mirror... Why can I read the print on my shirt so well in the mirror?

That's right.... I had made an ASS of myself wearing my shirt WRONG SIDE OUT!!!!

I can only take solace in the fact that MAYBE those people noticed my shirt... and just thought I was crazy.

note to self... if you're hopping on a high horse... give a quick look in the mirror!

No comments:

Post a Comment