Thursday, August 13, 2009

The smell of change?

As the world ponders such issues from Health care reform... to fears over a possible H1N1 outbreak... one issue has fallen by the wayside!

I am here to shine a blazing light on a growing problem that I feel all to many people are ignoring! And by IGNORING it... it's only going to get worse!

That problem, of course, is''' What ever happened to soap that actually smells like soap?"

Seriously! I think this whole modernization of the hand soap industry has gone too far!

The other day, I was washing my hands in the bathroom and caught a whiff of a sweet, sugary, vanilla smell.

That's just wrong!

I understand that some people LOVE that scent... but it is NOT a scent I want to smell in the bathroom!

Something about mixing food smells with... well... OTHER smells in that room is just gross!

While THAT is the top example of this growing issue... I have to say it's not the only issue.

I mean... even OTHER scents are inappropriate for various reasons...

I mean... I personally don't want my hands to smell like I just picked a bushel of blackberries! As if there's some blue floral bonnet filled with berries that I picked with the Ingalls girls while "pa" caught dinner in the "crick".

Besides... for those people who LOVE food scented soaps... what is the first thing you do when you wash your hands? You hold them up to your nose... inhale deeply... and say "mmmmmmm I just LOVE that smell!".... the problem with that? You just put your clean hands up to your dirty nose which clearly you did not wash!!!!

What is the FIRST rule Doctors say about preventing Flu and sickness? DON'T be touching your face!

Maybe I'm way off in left field here... but I choose to prevent the spread of germs ANY way possible!

That is why I NEVER eat birthday cake unless I can easily peel off the protective coating of icing!

PLEASE people?!?!? I don't care who you are or how cute your child is... I am NOT eating something that you... or your child just blew across!!!! I may as well just lick your nose!

No comments:

Post a Comment