Monday, August 10, 2009

Motivation: An experiement in ... ah... whatever

So Here it is AUGUST already and I have NO motivation to complete all my goals for 2009!

What's the deal with that?

I mean, this is the first year in nearly 20 years that I've had a schedule that would permit me time to work on my personal goals... and yet... nothing.

I KNOW what it is... It's that stupid TV and all the glorious shows to which I am now addicted!

Let me give you a rundown of my favorite shows... and a brief synopsis of why these shows are television gold!

Of all the reality shows ever created... Big Brother is the only one I would ever want to go on! And let me tell you why.

Winning that game is TOTALLY about listening and learning... and convincing other people that YOUR goals are actually THEIRS.... I could... and totally have had to do that!

look people... I worked to TV stations for 18 years of my life! The ONLY way to survive that long in that field is to play mental chess!

Don't get me wrong... most of the people I worked with were amazing, truly genuine people... but I can say without reservation that at every station I worked, there were people in power who certainly never should have been. But... I, as well as others, smiled... complemented them on their great ideas... maybe even told them they looked like they lost weight... all the while, sneaking our own ideas into the system... and convincing management that it was THEIR idea...

I'm serious people... I could TOTALLY win that show!

Another show I think is great is "The Colony".

The premise for this show is that there's a group of people who have survived some sort of apocolypse and now they're trying to recreate certain parts of civilization.

What I LOVE about this show is that there's a realistic element that none of the other survivor shows have... People can attack you and steal your stuff!

I mean THINK about it... that's totally what would happen in real life... Heck.. it's what DOES happen...

Not that this is any comparison, but I live in a pretty nice neighborhood... presumably safe. Yet every year, kids steal things out of my yard! Whether it's a pumpkin at Halloween or a yard decoration... it's still stolen.

I'd like to invent a new show about protecting your home... maybe featuring new inventions... something like "motion sensing tasers" that you could hide in your shrubs? Of course that would HAVE to come with a camera... I mean... there is no better joy than seeing a thief get tazed while trying to steal something... it only makes it that much better if it's a mean little kid. >:-)

Rounding up my weekly viewing is Ace of Cakes and Cake Boss...

I actually think I Like Cake Boss better than Ace of Cakes. I mean, that guys cakes look more edible than Duff's on Ace of Cakes.

Duff's people make some amazing "cakes" but only a small part is actually edible. pretty much every part of the cake on "Cake Boss" is edible... AND they make other cakes that actually look like... well... cakes... and they look sooooooo goood.

You know... looking at my viewing habits... I'm starting to see why I've become a chubby hermit! <:-0

No comments:

Post a Comment