Thursday, September 2, 2010

political e-VENTing

Am I suffering from a concussion?

I feel like I recently saw a guy who is paid to bring in ratings for a national "news" channel actually hosting a mass sermon?

What is going on?

Look, I have no problems with people voicing their proclaimed faith... but lets face it, this was a blatant use of faith for political gain.

It's the equivalent of cigarettes coming in a pack that has a bible verse on it... Addictive poison, wrapped in faith.

For a long time, I didn't really address this whole increase in Glen Beckism.... I thought, like yoga, it would pass once people realized it's just too much of a stretch.

But... alas, it seems it's here to stay.

Let me say, I think it's great we live in a country where Glen Beck can say whatever he wants about whoever he wants... but, I think it's terrible we live in a country where he is speaking the obvious as if he INVENTED it... and people are too stupid to realize it.

I mean, at the core, his alleged message is for people to be self reliant and to pray to the god of their choice.... These are good things right? But do we really need anyone to TELL us this?

And lets face it, he wasn't talking about ALL faiths... I mean, this was just for TV, right? And it really HAD to be a bit more "middle of the road" since it was held at a national landmark.

This IS the same guy who coined the "obamanation", right? He IS the same one who continues to claim Obama is Muslim, right? Yet we are to assume he also wants his islamic followers (if any) to pray to Allah?

Most educated people can SEE this... but it's not the educated I'm worried about.

One quick search of Youtube provides a multitude of unedited interviews with some of the people who attended the rally... and ... well... they're a special bunch.

Some of them blame Obama for taking prayer out of public events... some of them claim, Obama is letting the foreigners come take our jobs... REALLY?

As I see it, these people are pissed that the country isn't what it once was... they're mad because more and more jobs are being eliminated and no new ones are coming in.

For this, they want someone to blame! So rather than blame Congress, the governing body ultimately responsible for any law or policy in the country, they blame the President.

And why do they do this? Because they lack basic education in the way our country works! And rather than take time to understand it... they ACCEPT any viewpoint that it spoon fed to them... especially when offered by a charasmatic media figure or a tiara wearing "politician".

So instead of working hard and going to college and fighting for the american dream... it's easier to sit in a lawn chair at a rally, puffing a cigarette and complaining that all the foreignors have the good jobs.

Ya know what? There may actually be some truth to that.

Because while many americans sit back waiting for the Government to make their lives better... many of these "foreigners" are coming to America, attending colleges and becoming doctors. All while Americans wait for the Government... or the media to tell them what they should do next.

Meanwhile, the "foreigners" are working and paying taxes which pay for those SAME AMERICANS welfare or food stamps?!?!?

If you think I'm wrong... Just look at any hospital directory!?!? Reading those names is like reading the ingredients of paint! ;-p I can't pronounce ANY of it!

I think we're just at such a dangerous crossroad.

I mean, is it a good idea to put our faith in a charasmatic speaker who has risen from obscurity to lead a political movement aimed at reclaiming the former glory of our fatherland? Let's ask any of the survivors of the Jewish death camps what they think?

People... THINK FOR YOURSELVES! Don't let someone TELL you what you believe!

As I told a friend earlier tonight... the same people SCREAMING to "TAKE AMERICA BACK" are the same ones who gave it away, piece by piece!

OK... and here is where I reuse my joke from earlier... I can do that since I'm 38 now... I also told her I was going to start my own political party... the "Tupperware Party"... so I can put a lid on it! ;-p

No comments:

Post a Comment