Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I feel a song coming on...

You know, sometimes I feel bad for my pets.

As many of you know, I was a music major in college. Being such, singing has always been a huge part of my life.

I honestly sing more often than I'd like to admit... and often... my own original works..

For instance...

My poor little Holli. She's 10 now, but when she was a puppy, I wrote a little ditty to "rile her up". It was called " I love my Holli". It was a fast paced little song, deeply entrenched in the vaudeville style. It also came with fast hand movements... which Holli HATED and would attack.

For years, I could start with that ever slow first line... IIIIIIII LOOOOOOOOOOVE MYYYYYY..... and Holli would get poised to leap!

I'd then BURST into the rest of the song with arm movements....

"...Holli.... my little Holli... I love my Holli Wolli Girl.... I Love Her... My little Holli... My little Holli Wolli girl." then it pretty much repeats until Holli, smartly , realized that if she ignored me... I'd stop.

Today I was thinking of that song as I sang "Bad Boy Blues" to Tucker... He chimes in with a slight whimper/howl. "Tucker... you is a bad boy.... you so bad all the live long day.... ohhhh Tucker... you such a bad boy... can't you see it's too hot to play?.... oh Tucker... mean old Tucker... why come you has to beeeee that way?"....

I have to say .... those words change depending on the situation... as you might have guessed, that's a bluesy song... I have to summon my inner Billie Holiday for that one.

As God as my witness, I just PRAY my neighbors can't hear me!

You have nooooo Idea.... music just hits me sometime! I don't know if I'm alone in that? I mean, I KNOW my friend Krista is the same... we used to spend entire evening's just singing everything!

It was like we were stuck in an opera.... a very very bad and long opera! ;-p

I can't imagine living any other way.

In fact... here's a challenge for you. The next time you're in a bad mood... just start singing! Seriously! The sillier the topic the better!

Fort instance... if you're out of coffee (or soda) in the morning... summon a deep baritone voice and sing.... "Where is the coffee? I have no coffee? how can I survive? how will I make it? how can I wake up? how can I bring my self alive?"

See the real challenge is finding ways to rhyme.

When I was a kid, I watched those old musicals and thought... life can not be so happy all the time!?!?! Turns out... it can be... it's all just one big song and dance.

1 comment:

  1. Anthony, You are so cute! I love the way you write...or sing..whichever! La la la, me, me, me, me.... =)

    ReplyDelete