Thursday, May 21, 2009

I DEMAND that you think freely

OK, so CLEARLY, I have been on cloud 9 since Kris won last night.

My joy is tainted by the backlash of Adam supporters alleging everything from "the Underdog Theory" to Homophobia.

I don't know if Adam is gay or not... I assume he is, but has he called me and confided in me that he is gay? No.

My problem is, Adam comes across (at least to me) as the kind of "gay" that I would never in a million years want to have as a friend.

He reminds me of a little bar queen who might show up to a party at your house even though you never invited them.... only to find the next day that you're missing 2 bottles of cologne and a signed picture of Tammy Faye Baker..

And why do I feel I have to explain this? That I have to prove that *I* am not a homophope?

I'll tell you why, because in the quest for acceptance for everyone, we all signed away our right to have an opposing view!

And who decided this? The Media? Are we so afraid of speaking our minds or appearing rude that we are willing to just let a choice few atop the entertainment industry TELL us what we accept and don't accept?

Did we hand off our right to free speech so that certain media groups could exercise THEIR right to free speech more loudly than ours?

People, it just comes down to choice... we all still get one.

I chose Kris Allen because I identified more with him.

When he sings a song, you can tell that he has CONNECTED with it, there's real emotion coming from it.

I don't care if a singer can jump 3 octaves... or if he or she can "Look Sad" or give me "Blue Steel" on cue... If they're just performing a song to show me what all they can do... I don't like them. (Sorry Miley Cyrus)

Sorry one final Adam rant--- in 3--- 2---1

What is the deal with people saying "Adam will be fine, he could be the next Elvis"? WHAT???

CLEARLY that's why he started wearing the eye liner, so that he might look a bit more like Elvis.... I mean, did you hear he's actually a blond? Can't picture it.

My point is... you can NOT say a contestant on American Idol is in the same category as ELVIS FRICKING PRESSLY!?!?!

Here's how they are different...
*** Elvis brought something NEW to the table, a bold new style of music that captured the ears of young and old alike.
*** Adam, bless his heart, is capitalizing on a the "Hair Band" sound, a genre that has been dead since the 80's.

Anyway... the season is finally over!

I can't wait to hear what BOTH of them do on their CD's. I mean, I'm not going to BUY Adam's CD.... but I will probably listen to some clips on iTunes or something.

1 comment:

  1. here you go-- adam lambert, sans hair dye and eyeliner, at his 2000 high school graduation.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA7bA6rhKvc

    ReplyDelete