Monday, May 18, 2009

Pranks that I may have taken too far.

Most people who know me know that I truly enjoy scaring people.

I'm not sure why that is... but over the years I have pulled some doozies.

At a young age I honed my talent for pranks.

When I was a kid, both my parents worked... so when I got home from school, I usually had about 30 minutes before my sister got home.

I think I was 11 or 12 when I cooked up a way to scare my sister.

I got home aroud 3:15.

I went around the house, turning over furniture and throwing cushions around the floor.

I left the front door open, just a teeny bit.

When I heard my sister pull up, I squirted ketchup around my mouth and nose and laid out on the floor "unconscious".

"Tony?" my sister said as she creeked open the door... "TONY!?!?!" she added when she saw me on the floor!

I'm not sure how I did it, but I held myself in "unconscious character" as she shook me a couple times.

When I finally "came to" laughing... she didn't think it was quite as funny.

That bit was so fun, that I recycled it a few years later.

When Glen moved into my apartment, my best friend Krista didn't really know him.... so she was going to come over to hang out.

well... As soon as I hung up the phone with her, I looked at Glen and said... "You know what would be funny?"

So we turned over the furniture, left the door open... and THIS time, I added a new element.

When I heard her pull up, I turned on my cordless phone so that when she crept in the door she would hear that crazy busy signal you get when you leave the phone off the hook.

Mind you, she didn't really know Glen at all at this point!

So when she crept in, it was the same drill... "Tony?" .... "OH MY!!!"

Then... the BEST part... Glen comes walking out of the back room with a Ketchupy knife!

Krista started screaming and FLAILING Her purse! It really was pretty mean. >:-)

I even remember the BEST time I scared my cousin Sandy.

She and I used to spend a LOT of time in Waldron.

One "Christmas Break"... we were there...

Seems like we had been arguing a little or something so she decided she wanted to be alone on the front porch swing and FORBADE me from coming out there with her...

"Oh REALLY?" I thought... then my brain started clicking...

Once again... I had to be 11 or 12... so this is pretty good for a kid that age to dream up... or maybe it's bad.

I borrowed grandpa's coat, ski mask and gloves.

I went out the back door and ran up the street a little ways...

As I slowly walked back toward the house , I could hear Sandy singing along with her walkman and swinging.

I casually walked along the street until I noticed her looking at me... then I tore off running straight toward her!!!!

She SCREAMED, Looked at the front door, back at me and froze!

Later she told me she didn't want to run in the door because she thought I (as the crazy running person) would get in the house and hurt everyone.

I felt a little guilty about that... you know... when I stopped laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment