Friday, May 1, 2009

Random Rainy Morning Thoughts

I find that mornings like this seem to aggravate my ADD.

Without the mental diversion of being able to go outside, my mind FILLS with random thoughts.

like...

What happens if a Jewish or Islamic person gets Swine Flu? It's certainly not Kosher... If Osama Bin Laden came down with it, would he be branded an infidel? Maybe they don't even call it Swine Flu... Maybe it's Infidel Flu there?

or...

If we can create a rabies vaccine for dogs, why can't we do it for humans? Wouldn't it be so much easier to get one shot a year to avoid the possibility of a series of painful shots? Imagine the freedom if we all had rabies vaccinations.... We could walk up to stray dogs without fear... There would be no need to run away screaming when you found a possum or raccoon in your trash... you could just pick it up and say something like "bite me all you want you little bastard just stay out of my trash!". Not to mention, we'd all get a new piece of jewelry each year! That's what I tell my dogs their tags are... jewelry. I don't like for them to feel like they're "tagged" like a cow. Plus, since they think it's jewelry.. I think they take care of it more.

On that note... why do we talk to ALL animals? Does it help for us to yell "GET OUT OF HERE!!!!" to a snake? Are we expecting it to respond? We would fall over if the snake said "SSSSoooo SSSSoooorrry I didn't sssseeee a sssssign" ... that's how they'd have to talk because of their tongues.... but it would be rude to make fun of them because of their lisps.

And...

I grew up eating "Polk Salet".... but WHO determined that it was POISON until it was boiled twice? Were our ancestors just sitting around the campfire saying after eating it when someone said "Well, Betty and Carl died.... I wonder if that Polk Salet was poison?" Then, as they reheated it to make test it... they were like... "No... it tastes alright to me!" Then, some forward thinker said... "You know what? Every time Ruby makes that stuff, people die! But when Brenda reheats it, we're all fine.... Either Ruby is trying to kill all of us, or we should Blanche it... Drain it... and then boil it again!" By the way... I always give my characters "Waldron" names... it endears them to me.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA! Polk salet.. ah, the memories. Non-southerners could never appreciate them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Polk will give you the shiznitz if you don't boil it two or three times. Don't ask me how I experienced this.
    I prefer the young tender stalks battered and fried like okra. I think mom would soak it in buttermilk overnight...err...something like that.

    ReplyDelete