Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Politics, Religion and Idol

I recently realized that American Idol has now become the newest topic that should not be discussed by friends.

Those of you who know me know that I'm a bit of a button pusher. I can't help it. I just enjoy taking an opposite view and running with it to get people "riled"

This American Idol thing has been a goldmine for my efforts.

I am amazed how upset some people get when I tell them I think Adam is a prancing show horse made up to look like Liza Minnelli. What, it that bad?

This "protective nature" expressed by the Adamites amuses me.

As a Kristian, I support the natural talent of Kris Allen. He's great! I have fully accepted that he most likely will not win, but I am hopeful.

Often times, I will call out the Adamites for falling into such a generic and easily chosen path.... and still... they reject the Kristian ways.

Obviously, most people who actually know me know that I'm merely kidding around with them and trying to get their ire... but some people have honestly gotten mad at me for my disdain of Adam.

I have to laugh it off.

On this topic, I have to say, as a Kristian, that Adam was WAY over the top last night!

During his first song, I had to pause the show for a minute because I considered taking a picture of his cow tongue to prove my point... Seriously... that "hanging his tongue out of his mouth" bit absolutely grosses me out.

I've said that to some of the Adamites... only to have them tell me they hate the way Kris shapes his mouth when he sings.

I told them that it's better than "Drag Queen" mouth and that most people would look past that considering his ability to play nearly any instrument... Then I asked them which "instrument" does Adam play.... I think we all know.

What would be great is to see people care this deeply about governmental issues!

Wouldn't it be great if we could debate changes to Health care? How about foreign policy?

I've thought about it and decided that the government could get a lot more people interested in these issues if they had a "vote line" or if people could text their votes.

How great would it be to be talking with your friends saying " Dude, I totally voted for us to leave Iraq like 40 times last night... the line was busy for hours!" ?

Or what it you could decide whether banks or companies received bailout money by texting?

I guess the the way it is probably is best.... but that puts things in perspective.

Sure, Adam will likely win this thing and go on to the stellar careers of artists such as Taylor Hicks, Ruben Studdard and Fantasia Barino.... Seems like their songs are on the radio ALL THE TIME!!! Wait... no they're not... it's DAUGHTRY I'm thinking about... the guy who DIDN'T win.

1 comment:

  1. LOL, what instrument does Adam play... I think we all know! HAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete