Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My Hatred of Adam explained

I understand that many people have trouble understanding my hatred of Adam Lambert.

Let me explain.

When this season of American Idol began, Adam was actually one of the people I myself was rooting for! But maybe 3 shows in, that changed.

I can agree that he can sing in his own wretched, vile way... but I can not STAND hearing him... and God Help me if I have to watch him.

Even BEFORE The drag photos of him surfaced, Glen and I were like "get your dollar bills ready, that is a Drag Queen!"

That cow tongue sticking out as he tries to emulate Patty Labelle's mouth shape... Seriously... don't mess with Miss Labelle.

As his performances continued, I began to see how much he was totally in love with himself. And yes, every performer has to have self confidence... but seriously... he is just over the top.

His performances alone I could live with... but the producers of AI and the Judges made their decision a long time ago.

I know people say "shut up, you're just stupid... America Votes"... to them I say... I spent 17 years of my life in television and I know first hand that you can present a story or person in a way that makes it or them stand out... that is CLEARLY what the producers have done.

In past seasons... contestants drew for their positions in the lineup... you can not tell me that Adam CONSISTENTLY drew the final spot!

Then, the week after he was in the bottom 2 (while in the final spot) he's magically in the starting spot AND the final spot with a duet?

They have made their choice and they're trying to influence votes!

I can't quite understand it either. They're pushing him as this "retro rocker"... that's not even a "today's music" genre! Even more... as we can see from past contestants... that will not be the style of his album! They'll take the shell and fill it with whatever they want.

Bottom line is he is about as "fresh" as week old bread... and as "cutting edge" as Reynolds wrap.

ANY of the other 3 could win this and I would be happy.

I think I'll look back at this post in 1 year, 2 years maybe 3 years and I'm willing to bet people will agree with me... and we'll all get a good chuckle as we say "remember that one guy, Adam I think... whatever happened to him?"

1 comment:

  1. He better leave Miss Patti alone. She will cut him wiff her 'crylics!

    ReplyDelete